Estate proceeds/Missing Heirs - $413,000
Assets Unlocked looked into an estate record with missing heirs that had been idle for almost 10 years. The decedent died without any will, was never married or had any children and had no known living immediate family members. Our genealogy research team found records establishing both his parents actually came from large families. We identified/confirmed over 170 descendant heirs for the reopening of the estate in order for the proceeds to be distributed.
Unpaid life insurance benefits - $83,899
Assets Unlocked identified unpaid life insurance benefits payable to the sister of the insured, the sole beneficiary. We located this beneficiary who told us when her sister died years ago, she tried to get information from the insurance company who supposedly insured her sister. The insurance company could find no information on the deceased sister and the beneficiary did not have any policy number. Sadly, after multiple calls, she gave up and paid the funeral expenses out of her own pocket.
What complicated matters on this claim was, the agency now holding the money had an address reported to them for the deceased sister which she never lived at. To release the money, the agency told us they required documented proof of the address that matched their record, which of course was not possible since their record was incorrect.
Our team went into action and was able to prove their address record was in error. We never gave up and our client's money was released for her.
Investment proceeds belonging to a Family Trust - $332,849
When Assets Unlocked researched these funds, we found the holders' partial address on record for this family trust was that of a downtown 21 floor office building that had multiple floors and suites of financial services, investment companies and law firms. The address record referenced no firm name, or no suite or floor # making the research to determine ownership extremely difficult.
Our team was vigilant, sending letters and making calls and intuitively pulling together tidbits of information. We were able to determine the probable family associated with the trust and located a daughter (who lived in another state) and as it turned out was the sole beneficiary of the trust. Unfortunately, she had no trust document copy which the holder of the funds required to release the funds, so we again had to piece together information and were able to obtain the document for the client's claim to be approved.
Copyright © 2018-2020 Assets Unlocked LLC - All Rights Reserved.